Remember to join us this Saturday, September 9th, at Grafton Lakes State Park to support Birds of a Feather (and ride some fun trails).
The MTB rides will start at 10am from the Long Pond beach area. We will break into a few groups based on ability & pace.
We invest in our local trails because we want the Capital District to be a destination for riders throughout the Northeast and beyond. Your hard work is what makes our trails great. So join us. If you want to ride great trails, you have to earn them.
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on September 10, 2017 – Daniels Road in Saratoga Springs
- Help us complete construction of two bridges recently upgraded by NYS DEC. With enough time and volunteers we may repair other bridges as well. We also have some downed trees and clean up on the trails as well.
- The gates to the parking lot will be open at 9:00.
- Please let us know if you can make it! See side banner for Facebook event.
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on September 23, 2017 – Pittstown State Forest
- Meet in the main parking lot.
- We will update this announcement as we figure out the details.
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on September 30th: Poestenkill Community Forest
- A recent addition to the trails here in the Capital District.
- This place is GREAT!
- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM on October 8, 2017 – Tomhannock Bicycles
- The owners of Tomhannock Bicycles have purchased a parcel of land in Pittstown, NY which they are developing for MTB trails and skills areas! As development shifts into the construction phase, SMBA is looking for volunteers to help with the build.
- The trails will be beginner and kid friendly with lots of optional lines, obstacles, rollers, and fun stuff to keep riders of all abilities entertained. Picture Luther Forest with man-made trail features, rollers, skills areas, etc.
- We need YOUR help to build this dream.
- As always, tools, gloves, and supplies will be provided. We will have food & drinks before and after the trail work.
- Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/cA3ZfVhJVF72
- Please RSVP via email or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1952519931689551
The Birds of a Feather Music & Nature Festival is a daylong event, featuring bands, nature workshops, guided trail hikes, craft vendors, food trucks and so much more! Bands will play throughout the day and include national acts such as Sean Rowe, The Rustic Overtones, and Sam James. SMBA is thrilled to participate in this event. We will lead a series of group rides through Grafton Lake State Park. See below for more information about the rides.
100% of the proceeds go to support the nearby Berkshire Bird Paradise, a bird sanctuary for disabled and injured birds. They strive to give them a safe haven to live thrive and rehabilitate as best they can. They are dedicated to educating people to recognize the beauty of Nature’s world, which surrounds our busy lives. We are all part of the web of life and all life is precious.
Restore Rensselaer County’s music festival tradition dating back to the days of the Fox Hollow Folk Festival (1966-1980). The intention is to make this an annual event that supports the local summer tourism economy.
If you’d like to learn more about the event, follow these recent links:
For additional information about the festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Rides
SMBA will lead a series of group rides. The MTB rides will start at 10am from the Long Pond beach area. We will break into a few groups based on ability & pace.
- Ridin’ Rowdy – A 3+ hour group ride. Expect a fast pace and technical terrain. This ride will be similar to our other monthly Ridin’ Rowdy group rides.
- Advanced – A ~2 hour group ride which will feature technical terrain and an intermediate pace.
- Skills! – A ~2 hour group ride which will focus on learning good MTB techniques. This ride will cover less distance and will instead focus on “sessioning” small pieces of technical terrain to help newer riders hone their skills and gain confidence on the rough stuff.
Join us for our next Ridin’ Rowdy event at Beebe Hill on August 27, 2017. We will meet at the Fog Hill Parking Lot on Route 5 at 10:00 AM. Be prepared to ride at 10:15 (ish).
The Beebe Hill trail network is a network of technical trails near Austerlitz, NY, maintained by the CCMBA. The route taken will depend on the group, trail, and weather conditions. If we have enough participants we will break into two groups (fast and faster). Both rides will ride similarly technical terrain. One group will breathe harder. You should ride more, so come out and ride rowdy with us on August 27th.
We will eat lunch after the ride.
- Date: August 27, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Parking Location: Fog Hill Parking Lot (Route 5)
- There is a smaller parking lot called the Osmer Parking lot across the Highway from Fog Hill. If Fog Hill is full, please park in this alternative lot, but meet us in the Fog Hill Parking Lot for the ride.
- Trail System: Beebe Hill
To RSVP, ask questions, or generally discuss anything MTB related, send an email to email@example.com.